Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sarah from Egypt

                On Friday, we talked to an Egyptian lady named Sarah through Skype. I thought she was very nice, and she knew and believed in what she was talking about. Our questions ranged from things about her personally and things about the revolution over all. I could tell that she was very proud of her country. One thing I found very interesting was when she answered the question, “do you think the revolution would have taken place without the internet?” I was honestly very surprised when she basically answered yes. After explaining that she has no way of knowing, she explained how even after they shut down all access to the internet she found that people were still planning riots and planning just fine. I thought that this was very inspiring since they kept on persisting even though they lost their main resource. 

No comments:

Post a Comment